Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cascading Windows

Recently I've had a lot of windows open on my computer throughout the day so it got me thinking about how I manage to sift through everything. One tip I wanted to pass along was cascading windows. To do this go to your toolbar at the bottom of your screen and right click the grouping of files (e.g., Word documents, PowerPoint files, even your outlook) and select "Cascade." This will bring up all the files at once but staggered so you can see them all at the same time.

You can also close the group when you are done - by right clicking on the task bar and selecting "Close Group." And don't worry about loosing changes to files as you will be prompted to save any files that have changes not yet saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.